The Petrainer 998DRB Remote Dog Training Collar will have your dog being well behaved in no time at all. It quickly will correct the common dog obedience issues that you may be facing such as digging, unwanted barking and pulling while going for a walk. It comes with a programmable remote and waterproof collar. This unit currently is selling for $37.99.
- Rechargeable transmitter and receiver
- Program to customize training sessions
- Nylon collar strap fits any size dog
- Should not be left on your pet more than 12 hours per day, can cause skin damage to your pet
About the Brand
Chewy offers brands that you can trust for your pet and amazing prices online. 24/7. Shopping for your pet is easy and you can browse through 1000 brands in the comfort of your own home.
The EliteField Soft-Sided Dog & Cat Carrier will let you bring your best friend with you everywhere you go. Ranging in a variety of colors, this durable carrier is made with a breathable fabric and mesh panel to allow for proper ventilation. With a removable bed and waterproof material cleaning up with be a snap!
- 17 inch – $25.99
- 19 inch – $29.99
- Free shipping on orders over $49
- Lightweight, durable design
- Waterproof material that’s easy to clean
- Removable bed
- Luggage strap to attach to the suitcase
- Wide variety of colors to choose from
- Side pocket for added storage
- Strong smell out of the package
- Small design, may not fit longer pets
- Does not always stay upright
About the Brand
EliteField Pet Products prides itself on providing high-quality pet products at affordable prices. They have a great customer service team that’s available 24 hours a day to help with any questions that arise.
The Tinkle Turf Indoor Potty is made from synthetic turf with a built-in odor control. Used for potty training or travel, this product is great for apartment living. Easy cleanup as solids stay on top while a tray below can be emptied, cleaned and reattached.
There are 3 different price points depending upon which size you need.
- Model 500 – recommended for small dogs – $40.89
- Model 501 – recommended for medium dogs – $51.79
- Model 502 recommended for large dogs – $56.99
- Easy cleanup
- Portable – great for small living spaces or travel
- Convenient – Can eliminate walks in extreme weather needed for potty breaks
- Includes antimicrobial odor control to minimize smells
- Cheaper than continually buying potty pads
- May be difficult to get your dog to use initially
- Dog may miss allowing for messes outside of turf
About the Brand
Prevue Pet Products has been delivering high-quality products to pets and their owners since 1869. They are dedicated to providing excellent products and services to their animal and human clients.
The One Fast Cat Exercise Wheel is designed to help your feline combat boredom while providing daily exercise. The sturdy but lightweight design allows you to easily move it around. Other features of this product include:
- The wheel surface is made from a closed-cell EVA to prevent claws from getting caught.
- Replacement parts are available
- Free shipping within the contiguous USA
Priced at $199, the cat wheel comes in a variety of colors (black, cool grey, and cheetah). Its smart design will allow your cat to play and burn off her energy.
- Made from recycled plastic
- Easy assembly and can be moved effortlessly
- Easy to clean
- Allows cats to burn off energy that could otherwise lead to destructive behavior
- Provides an abundance of exercise for your feline friend
- Can be difficult for cats to get the hang of at first
- More expensive than most cat toys
About the Brand
One Fast Cat is a company designed with your cat’s well-being in mind. Their lightweight exercise wheel was created to make your pet’s life easier. Check out their products to see how your cat would benefit.
Say goodbye to towel drying your dog the old fashioned way. The Dog Gone Shammy Towel is a fantastic towel made from soft microfiber and has two convenient pockets to give you a better hold when drying your fur baby, and they come in brown or gray. The Shammy Towel absorbs up to 80% more than just towel drying alone. It is even great for drying off those muddy wet paws.
These towels are inexpensive and can be purchased for $16.96 at Chewy.com.
The towels are very absorbent and can dry up to 15x times more than using other regular towels.
One size fits all dogs, and they even work great for cats!
You can toss them right in the washer and hang dry them.
It does not absorb enough water on larger dogs.
It only comes in one size.
The pockets appear to fit better for smaller hands.
Dog Gone Smart brand is spoken highly of. Chewy.com states that Dog Gone Smart is “..the original brand and recognized leader in 44 countries, their products are some of the most innovative on the market, using the latest technologies to improve the quality of life for both pets and parents.”
An emotional support animal (ESA) provides emotional support to people with mental health issues. They are animal companions that offer a benefit to someone with some form of disability. The animal provides companionship and gives support to the person to help alleviate an aspect of the disability.
Dogs are most common in this role, but cats are also common. There are even some miniature horses that serve as emotional support animals.
ESA’s can provide significant mental health benefits, and even just owning pets can have a positive effect on a person’s mental health. Pet owners connect emotionally to their pets and help people manage when they go through traumatic events.
ESA’s also help people with anxiety. Petting their animals can cause people to relax and help elevate their mood. Emotional support animals are also known to improve physical health, as studies have shown that they can help lower blood pressure and improve people’s ability to handle pain.
They also help with the feelings of care and love, as they give people a sense of purpose. The animals provide love and companionship, and they also need care in return. This simple give and take can be an emotional reward.
If you are a dog owner, you may be familiar with the idea that dogs live on a different sense of time than their human owners. The logic goes that because the average lifespan of a human is roughly 70 years of age and a dog enjoy an average lifespan of roughly 10 years, a one-year-old dog is roughly as mature as a 7-year-old child. When you take this as a guideline on canine maturity, it becomes easier to assess whether your pooch is a pup, an adult or a senior.
It should be noted that age is not the sole distinction of when a dog has reached seniority-the general size of that dog’s breed, or breeds, should also be taken into account. The larger the breed, the less active years it has ahead of it due to the increased physicality that a large frame yields. while a small breed like a Yorkie will hit its senior years around seven years old, large breeds like the Husky will reach that same state in five years.
Kennel training or “crate training” teaches your dog’s responsibility and can help calm their anxiety. Dogs den animals and, as such, are naturally accustomed to small, enclosed spaces. A kennel can give your dog a sense of security.
Kennels are a great way to begin house training, as dogs don’t like to pee in their dens, and they can be a safe method of transportation for your dog if you need to take them on a long car ride.
When choosing a kennel for your dog, it’s going to depend on how big your pup is. You’ll want to get a kennel that is large enough that your dog can get up and turn around, but not one that’s too big.
Be careful when using your kennel, and never use it as a punishment. If you do, then your dog will refuse to enter in the future. Also, don’t leave your dog in the kennel for too long. A dog that’s in their kennel an entire day and night needs to get more exercise and interaction, or they can become depressed.
When you and your furry friend are out in public it’s always a good idea to have a safety dog leash on hand. Before your next walk, think about these 5 reasons why leashes are so important.
- Protection for your dog – Some dogs may get carried away chasing a squirrel or another dog. If they’re on a leash you’ll have no worries about your pal wandering off.
- Courtesy – A safety leash is courteous to neighbors. Not everyone wants your dog jumping excitedly on their lap or running around their yard.
- Bonding experience – Once your dog sees his safety leash it won’t be long before he figures out he’s going for a walk. These outdoor excursions will be a great bonding moment for the owner and pet.
- Shielding Against Injury – Moving cars and other animals may seem like fun to your dog but you know they can be dangerous. A leash will keep your dog safe and secure.
- Keep them healthy – Free running dogs can get into a lot of mischief. From poison ivy to mud to eating rocks, keeping a dog leashed will lessen these behaviors.
A hypoallergenic dog is one with a predictable coat that doesn’t shed. Dogs that shed a lot expose their owners to more pet dander. The dander attaches itself to your dog’s hair, and it is what most people are allergic to when they have a pet allergy. While no dog is 100% hypoallergenic, some breeds are better for allergy sufferers because they have coats that don’t shed. Some of the dog breeds that are considered hypoallergenic include Afghan Hounds, Bichon Frise and Miniature Schnauzers.
Many of the dog breeds that are hypoallergenic have coats that are more like human hair than regular dog fur. Keep in mind that consistent grooming is an important part of caring for your hypoallergenic dog. Be sure to purchase a dog hairbrush to take care of your dog’s hair between professional grooming appointments. You should also plan to wash your dog about once a week. Some kinds of shampoo decrease allergens. You can also wipe your dog down with pet-friendly wipes that include allergen diminishing substances.