When you and your furry friend are out in public it’s always a good idea to have a safety dog leash on hand. Before your next walk, think about these 5 reasons why leashes are so important.
- Protection for your dog – Some dogs may get carried away chasing a squirrel or another dog. If they’re on a leash you’ll have no worries about your pal wandering off.
- Courtesy – A safety leash is courteous to neighbors. Not everyone wants your dog jumping excitedly on their lap or running around their yard.
- Bonding experience – Once your dog sees his safety leash it won’t be long before he figures out he’s going for a walk. These outdoor excursions will be a great bonding moment for the owner and pet.
- Shielding Against Injury – Moving cars and other animals may seem like fun to your dog but you know they can be dangerous. A leash will keep your dog safe and secure.
- Keep them healthy – Free running dogs can get into a lot of mischief. From poison ivy to mud to eating rocks, keeping a dog leashed will lessen these behaviors.